Thai Vegetable Curry
This meal is on the weekly rotation in our household. It is simple, full of flavour and a whole load of goodness!
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
2 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 knob grated ginger
1 stalk lemongrass, white part only
Rind of 1/4 kaffir lime
Small bunch coriander leaves, washed
4 cloves garlic
2 teaspoons Red Bost Fish Sauce (or alternative)
2 birdseye chillies, seeded
500ml Coconut milk
4 Kaffir Lime Leaves
1 Onion, chopped finely
500g Sweet Potato, chopped
200g Pumpkin, chopped
1 Red Capsicum, Chopped
3 Zucchinis, chopped
200g Green Beans, Chopped
1 Lime, juiced
1 Lemon, Juiced
1 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- To make curry paste, place cumin seeds, coriander seeds, peppercorns, salt, ginger, lemongrass, rind, shallots, garlic, fish sauce and chillies into a small blender and combine to make a paste.
- Combine curry paste, coconut milk and ½ cup water in a heavy based saucepan. Bring it to the boil and stir occasionally.
- Add the lime leaves and onion, boil for 3 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato and pumpkin and cook for 10 min or until tender.
- Add the remaining vegetables and cook for a further 10 min.
- Add the lime and lemon juice as well as coriander and coconut sugar, stir until sugar is dissolved.