Welcome, I am Elspeth Haswell-Smith and the founder of Food For Life. Over the past 15 years I have supported individuals to achieve their goals in various professional roles. Previously working with complex disabilities and a domestic and family violence counsellor and community educator.
I currently now work in my private practice, Food For Life. In addition to assessing the Functional Nutrition Academy's Functional Nutrition Course and assess work for the Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors.
With studies in Psychology, Anthropology, Nutrition, GAPS, EFT and Counselling I have worked toward understanding the complexities of the human body. In 2016 I completed my thesis at the University of the Sunshine Coast exploring the Brain Gut Connection and impact diet, fermented foods and lifestyle had in Anxiety and Depression. This has impacted how I work with individuals who have suffered from chronic health issues.
With a growing clientele Food For Life have some amazing practitioners, specialising in EFT, Health Coaching, and Ministry.
We offer face to face consultations in Toowoomba and online via Zoom or FaceTime.
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your particular health and wellness goals, and I invite you to contact me any time you like to discuss what I can do for you.
• Bachelor of Social Science, Psychology Honours 'The effect of a healthy diet and fermented foods on mental health' and 'The relationship between microbiota, fermented foods, diet, health behaviours and mental health'.
• Graduate Diploma of Psychological Studies
• Bachelor of Science, majoring in Psychology and Anthropology
• Evidenced Based EFT
• FasterEFT Level 1 and 2
• Certified GAPS Practitioner
• Functional Nutrition Coach
• Twenty8 Aromatherapy Healthy Lifestyle Educator
• Health Coach (Institute of Integrative Nutrition)
• Certificate III Community Services (Disability Work)
• Certificate III Fitness
• Certificate IV Training and Assessment
• Level 3 Member of the Australian Counselling Association
• Australian Psychological Society (Associate Member)