Mutaflor® Escherichia coli strain Nissle 1917 (100 caps)
- Type: Healthcare
Strain-Specific Characteristics of Escherichia coli strain Nissle 1917
100 capsules in a box
- The ability to colonize
- Antagonistic activity – Inhibition of growth and or killing of pathogens
- Anti-invasive – prevention of colonisation in the gut by pathogens
- Synthesis of endogenous antimicrobial peptides-defensins
- Mucosal integrity – contributing to luminal metabolism and stability of intestinal milieu-enhanced epithelial barrier function
- Anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory effects
- Stimulation of colonic mucosa
Escherichia coli strain Nissle 1917 (EcN) is now 100 years of age and due to its unique properties is today arguably the most investigated bacterial strain.
In this series we revisit the strain specific properties of this unique bacterium and also where research and experimental application of bacteria, in particular EcN may lead us in the future.
Serotonin (5-Hydroxytrytamine or 5-HT) is best known as a neurotransmitter.
An estimated 90% of serotonin is produced in the gut largely by enterochromaffin cells (EC) and our gut microbiota, including EcN play an important role in its production.
Serotonin levels can influence and regulate gut function and motility and also via the gut-brain axis, influence behaviour and brain function.
This specific strain of bacteria has been approved by the TGA and to find out more information and research please head over to - https://www.mutaflor.com.au/about-mutaflor/