FULHEALTH Molecular Iodine Colloid 3% w/w 10ml
- Type: Healthcare
Professional Strength Molecular Iodine Colloid (3% w/w).
- Perfect to naturally treat iodine deficiency
- Purest sources of iodine
- Help improve thyroid gland function,
- Optimise hormone secretion
- Promote your body's overall metabolic processes
What is iodine used for?
- Iodine is an essential trace element for humans
- Used in the synthesis of thyroid hormones which are critical to the body
The average Australian does not consume their RDI of iodine, due to our depleted soils and heavily processed foods.
What Does Iodine Do in the Body?
The Iodine in your thyroid gland is a component of the thyroid hormones triiodothyronine and thyroxin, both of which determine the overall metabolic rate of your body. They have a direct affect on your body’s process that converts food into energy, whilst also controlling how that energy is used. Amongst other thing, thyroxin plays an important role in regulating your body weight.
As such, thyroid hormones are absolutely essential for the healthy development of all organs, including the brain, reproductive organs, nerves, bones, skin, hair, nails and teeth. The thyroid is also involved in the manufacture of proteins, carbohydrate absorption and the conversion of carotene to vitamin A.
How is Iodine Absorbed?
Iodine can be absorbed by the stomach and skin, any excess amounts are simply excreted in the urine. Consumption of less than 50 mcg per day may lead to iodine deficiency disorders such as hypothyroidism, goiter and cretinism.
Hypothyroidism and Goiter: When the body’s iodine levels are depleted, the pituitary gland forces the thyroid gland to increase its activity, as a result it can become enlarged. This growth or swelling is known as a goiter. Symptoms of hypothyroidism include fatigue, apathy, drowsiness, lethargy, weakness and weight gain.
- Cretinism: Severe iodine deficiencies in pregnant mothers may increase the risk of miscarriage, and babies that survive to term are at risk of suffering irreversible mental illness. This is known as cretinism, a major cause of preventable mental impairment in low iodine areas.
If you wish to find out further information on Iodine Dr Brownstein has a fantastic book that is informative and supportive https://www.drbrownstein.com
Dosage: is 1-3 drops daily.
Size: 10ml Dropper Bottle